Friday, December 23, 2011

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne

Well, for better or for worse I have found another new favorite series.  The part that makes me giggle with anticipation is this: it's steampunk!   Dystopian fiction is still hot but steampunk really stokes my fires!  If I had the money, I would buy this outfit for Halloween next year.  Heck, I might just wear it on Tuesdays. 

While I love being a librarian, being Finley Jayne might be the next best thing.  However, Finley doesn't always think being her is all that great.  In this very short prequel (on my Nook it's 73 pages) to The Steampunk Chronicles, Finley is hired to be a companion to a young debutante named Phoebe, who is engaged to Lord Vincent.  Lady Morton, Phoebe's mother, has some suspicion about Lord Vincent's true intentions for her daughter and thinks Finley is just the man, or better yet, woman for the job.  Here's the thing about Finley - for some inexplicable reason she's incredibly strong and not easily intimidated.  While Lady Morton believes this will both give protection for Phoebe and provide an opportunity for Finley to uncover some of Lord Vincent's secrets, Finley is scared that the rage that comes over her - bringing on the strength and fearlessness - will be her undoing.  Not to mention, it's hard to find a job when you've smacked your last employer across the room.  They tend to not give glowing references. 

Finley is fierce and fantastic!  Kady Cross, you've written a leading lady that I seriously wouldn't mind being, if I wasn't me of course.

Folks I'm pleased as a Finley sucker punch to announce that the first full-length book in The Steampunk Chronicles is already out.  AND it's the next book to be reviewed!  

Oh and uh, The Strange Case of Finley Jayne is a free Nook Book so what they heck are you waiting for?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment