Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Wonder of Cinder


A dear friend of mine frequently asks me for book recommendations because we enjoy reading similar things, a.k.a. awesomeness.  Most recently when she asked me for something else to read, I just happened to have a copy of both Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer to loan her.  What I didn't tell her was that there were two more books to come in the series. Hehehehe!  As you'll see, she really hates it when I get her hooked on series without the entire series being available.  But I totally did and she agreed to write a review.  And though she is typically a woman of many words, her review is quite brief.  Without further ado, help me welcome Miss Elisha Patten to my blog:




Cinder is the epitome of why I so strongly dislike book series. Cinder had me on the edge of my seat from cover to cover, the only problem is there are soooo many covers to go! I want to know where all the excitement is leading. And I want to know right now! Since discovering the rewritten fairy tales, I wish every classic folk tale had a cyborg adventure counterpart! Cinder is an excellently scintillating modern fairy tale! 


Thank you Elisha!  The Lunar Chronicles is one of my most favorite new series.  We even used Cinder and Scarlet in our Library Institute class last summer, and we got to Skype with Marissa Meyer! SQUEEEEEEE!!!  

You may be asking what prompted me to finally start posting on my blog again...well it's because we're trying to win an advanced copy of Cress!  WE WANT IT NOW!  Especially Elisha, who will probably disown me for getting her hooked on these books if we don't get a copy.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment